Monday, October 19, 2020

MOMENTS IN TIME....DAY AND NIGHT....




 

Where do I begin to tell of its wondrous beauty

Romantic misty hazes shrouding languid valleys

Colour variations not unlike variables in moods

Brazenly the sun performs its debut in the east

For a brief moment energetic waves are stilled

Birds begin to soar and sing in a joyous chorus

Paying homage to the fiery golden orb’s arrival

Copious euphoric symphony of supreme energies

Farewell the elegant serene mistress of the night

As her silver sphere disappears in silent descent   

Having bowed in honour of the new day’s birth

Day’s determined dawning interrupts the peace

Bringing with it a potpourri of hopes and dreams

 

 


 

A layered curtain slowly falls upon another day

Reluctantly the sun performs its farewell dance

Kaleidoscopic raiment intriguing and beguiling

Delaying its departure a spectacle of brilliance

Rapid hue changes cause gasps of wonderment

Cobalt to grey merge gently into amethyst fringes

Rose tinges blend with crimson and vivid orange

A harmoniously intense pastiche a unique medley

Birds in final flight wending their way homeward

On the horizon the final glimmer of the fiery orb

Descending darkness encompasses land and sea

Softly an afterglow openly teases a final remnant

Once radiantly aglow now engulfed in dusky light

A moment’s depression when day waves farewell

Soon bygone the heavens become magically alive

Sparkling phosphorescence dances merrily above

Day sleeps as the mystic mysteries of night unfold

 


 



Paintings and Verses by Me...aka...Lee


25 comments:

  1. You are a woman of many talents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey EC...you are very kind...thank you...and thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  2. Like your paintings and verse..well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret...it's a while since I've picked up my brushes...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  3. I love your seascapes and Bambi, skimmed over the verses to read later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, River...take good care. :)

      Delete
  4. I thoroughly enjoyed that excursion through words, thoughts and pictures (particularly 1 and 3 for me). What struck me, and I don't ever recall this before, was that despite there not being a single punctuation mark the whole thing naturally scanned into meaningful phrases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day, Graham...

      I guess the term "poetic licence" arose because it appeared poets...I'm not referring to myself as a poet, mind you...had a licence allowing them to change the rules of writing. Different methods used to tell a story...to achieve results.

      For example, poems often use incomplete sentences, rhyming, lack of capitalisation etc., to paint a word picture.

      I must go back and read the poems I've written. I believe I've rarely used punctuation in the poems I've written.

      When writing prose I am a stickler for using punctuation where it is required, but when writing a poem. I don't. It's weird, isn't it?

      Thanks for your comment...it was cause for thought! Take good care. :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Arleen...take good care. I hope all is well with you and yours. :)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful words and gorgeous paintings! You are a talented artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonnie...keep taking good care...my best wishes to you and Tom.:)

      Delete
  7. Maybe you should ‘gather your words’ together and self publish an anthology of your works. They’re good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, there, Cathy. I often think of doing so..."think" being the operative word!

      Thanks for coming by...take good care. :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Hey, messymimi...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  9. I came back to read your verses, keep in mind I'm not a poetry fan, most poems don't make sense to me. I like your verses, but for me they are a little too long. You do have a nice way with words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, River...I can't please everyone. Sometimes, I can't even please my own self! :)

      I've enjoyed poetry since my childhood, and since my school days where the subject of English was my favourite subject. Initially it was a love encouraged by my Nana. It was Nana, who introduced poetry to me at a very young age.

      Thanks for coming by again. :)

      Delete
  10. That's wonderful Lee! I didn't know you could paint either, they're really uplifting pictures! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I've just not been posting for one reason or another, but I've got a post which I now think is just about ready to go....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, there, Jenny. It's good to hear from you. I was concerned with you not posting for so long. Life does have a tendency to get in the way, doesn't it?

      Thanks for coming by...take good care...I hope all is well with you and your loved ones. :)

      Delete
  11. What !?? You paint AND write poetry too ???
    So talented Lee, love them !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helsie....you're very kind. I haven't painted for a while now, nor done any drawing. I'm glad you like my dabblings. :)

      I hope all is well with you and yours...thanks for coming by :)

      Delete
  12. Yet again, Lee, you surprise! I wonder what other talents you are keeping hidden? You are obviously a very creative and imaginative soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Pauline...perhaps I once was...I've not done any painting or drawing for a few years. I did buy some new pads and pencils earlier this year, though...but that is as far as I've gotten! Being lazy, I just allow my imagination to run free at will. lol

      Any talents I may have are well hidden...I gave up looking and digging! :)

      Thanks for coming by...take care. :)

      Delete
  13. I like both your paintings and your verse.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete