Wednesday, May 10, 2023

FACETS OF LOVE ….

 


Where to begin…sitting at my keyboard, I guess this is as good a place as any to start. Below I’ve expressed some personal thoughts in three poems I penned… 

 

                                       A mother’s enchantment at baby’s first cry            

                                      Wonderment at the new life expelling a sigh

                                      Contentment profound as it suckles her breast                 

                                     The grasp of her hand as she lays baby to rest

                                     Witnessing smiles first words tentative steps

                                     Calm warm assurances when tears are shed

                                    Curious eager anticipation for what lies ahead

                                    A love so complete impossible to be compared

  


 

                                            A lover’s caress in moments of despair

                                           A friendly smile when none seem to care

                                           Absolute understanding to listen to share

                                           Heartfelt devotion feelings ever so pure

                                          Profound emotion shall forever endure

     

 

Brilliant sunsets merit worshipping

 Balmy refreshing showers of spring

Invigorating environs as they pass

  The sweet scent of freshly cut grass 

On a bright warm summer’s morn

Tender green leaves proudly adorn 

Majestic trees standing in waiting

To welcome a new day’s dawning

  Gossamer clouds skies of azure blue

 Awakening within a sense of déjà vu

 
 
 
 








28 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rhyming poems, and your rhymes are wonderful! Well done, Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely poems Lee. I enjoyed reading them, you are a talented lady indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so good at poems. They're lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really should put together an anthology of your work Lee. These and other writings plus your artwork is/are too good to be tucked away in a drawer somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness girl - you did a great job with those poems - I have no talent at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Messymimi, DUTA, Margaret, EC, River, Cathy, Chatty Crone....I thank each one of you very much for your very kind words. Your words and each one of you are appreciated by me, of that, please have no doubt.

    Thank you for coming by...thank you for being my blogger mates. Take good care, one and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work, Lee. You sure are multi-talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...Pauline. You're most generous in your comment.

      And thanks for coming by...take care. :)

      Delete
  9. Beautiful words and certainly uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Tabor...I hope all is well up your way. Take care...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  10. Your poems are just lovely, Lee. You have a true knack for poetry. Hope you'll share more of your work in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, Serena...Thank you for your kind words...and thanks for coming by. Take care. :)

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandra...take good care. :)

      Delete
  12. I can't believe I missed this post!
    Hope you enjoyed a sweet and peaceful day...loved the poem!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna. No problems. I've been running late of late, and have to catch up on many blogs.

      Thanks for coming by...take care. :)

      Delete
  13. Lovely poems Lee.
    Sending my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan...and thanks for coming by..take care. :)

      Delete
  14. Hope you had a great weekend and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra. I did...and I had a wonderful Monday. Long-time friends who live miles and miles away nowadays paid a visit...and it was so, so great to catch up with them. Much talking and hugging, and laughter, ensued. :)

      Delete
  15. While I am a bit late in reading these poems, Lee, which are were wonderful and conjured up such imagery in my mind. As they were unnamed, I will share that my favorite is the one under the Smile image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Beatrice...Sorry about them being unnamed and just covered under the title "Facets of Love". I should give each a name, I guess. :)

      I'm late with posting and responding...and commenting on the blogs of others...I've been very slack of late. Thanks for coming by...take good care. :)

      Delete
  16. You are very talented, Lee. A great chef and a great writer.
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Don't be fooled Sandra...I do very little cooking these days...for myself, or for others, not like I once did. I can't be bothered nowadays, and I take the easy ways out. :)

      Thanks for coming by...take good care. :)

      Delete
  17. They would love you at my writers' group. In fact, in a minute I'll be on my way to their meeting. Do they have any writers' groups by you. Our writers are members of our senior citizens center and our leader is 84-years-young. They like hearing my latest blog. Great effort. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, Dave...there used to be a group here....I'm not sure if there still is. I've never been a member. I'm a bit of a hermit...and am not much for groups...although, I do appreciate others gain a lot of joy from them. They are fun and informative for those who do like joining them. I just slog along alone, in my own singular way. :)

      Your tales would be most welcomed, and enjoyed by your group, I'm sure. I know I always enjoy reading what you write. Thanks for coming by...take good care. :)

      Delete