Sunday, February 18, 2007

Wow! Two Posts in One Day...Aren't You Jealous?

A friend and I were chatting the other night. As we were discussing a certain matter, lightly, he referred to my "green eyes", (in fact, my eyes are of hazel colouring). He, of course, was speaking metaphorically. However, our light-hearted conversation got me thinking.

Being an honest person, I freely admit there have been times I have felt jealousy. No doubt, while I still have red blood flowing through my veins, I will continue to be jealous over certain issues.

I'm never jealous over another's wealth, fancy house, car...material things like those. However, if I care for someone special, if my feelings are deeper than 'care', of course I feel twinges of jealousy if I see other women fawning over him. I feel proud that he is worthy of 'fawning over', too, by the way. That proves what good taste in men I have! It would prove the man of my choice was worthy of my feelings and of his position on top of the high pedestal upon which I've placed, but that doesn't mean I haven't felt a little jealous at times. If I didn't, I wouldn't be human! Well, at least, I wouldn't be "Lee"! I'm a Scorpio. I'm a passionate, possessive lover! If I love someone, I don't want to share him! Nothing can be more simpler than that! Would you want to share your loved one? Of course not! Some do, I guess...but I'm not one of them, never have been and never will be.

To some that could be a weakness in another, jealousy, that is...so be it.

I've never stooped to jealous lows of pulling out hair or other acts of violence. That's not who I am, but I have, at times hurt quietly on the inside, while keeping up a brave face on the outside with no one being the wiser, other than myself. Love, emotion, jealousy, envy...strange feelings, sometimes, often times, beyond our individual control. They do take on a life of their own forcing us to go with the flow.

A little jealousy hurt no one, I believe, as long as one does not let it take over, never pandering to it or handing it power. As long as you look at the reality of a situation that caused you those jealousy tingles, you will be okay...and so will I!

22 comments:

  1. Hi Lee ~~ You have been busy - good
    posts both. I try to save water etc, i have a bucket in the laundry tub to rnse my hands in and later water few pot plants, and never been guilty of littering. As to your jealous eyes - as you say not jealous of material things, but of one we love,well that's different!!
    Thanks for your visit, glad you are enjoying great summer weather unlike us. Guess we will get another break soon. Take care, Love, Merle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it gets cooler soon down your way, Merle. We've still got a bit of rain hanging around up here. I notice there are heavy dark clouds over towards the east when I was outside just a minute or two ago. It looks like the Gold Coast might be getting a bit of moisture down their way. Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine being jealous of anyone's wealth or possessions, but if it's someone that I love very much...that is a totally different ball game. I'm with you there, Lee.

    Both really good posts, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woohoo - "passionate, possessive lover!" - indeed.

    I know that about Scorpios... never, never, go lookin sideways at a scorpio gals man ..

    :-)
    Della

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you two going around in tandem, Robyn and Della? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its not natural to be jealous of wealth and possessions but its very natural to be jealous if its about someone you love.. so i agree with you too.

    Great blog btw

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Sally in Norfolk...thanks for stopping by...welcome to my blog.'

    I don't feel so bad, now...I thought it might just be me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sally,

    Is that Norfolk, VA, or Norfolk, England?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Don....I didn't notice you sneak in there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too am a scorpio and I feel the same exact way about jealousy. You've really got me thinking! It helps to know other fell the same way and feel the same hurts inside.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Shelly...I guess it's something not often discussed...well,not by me, anyway. I don't discuss my feelings with many people...I guess the 'anonymity' of blogging helps air opinions on some matters not often discussed in 'real life'. Glad I have give you reason to ponder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lee, My net's been down since fri nite and you turned prolific all of a sudden. I've caught up. I loved the one about the global warming. Great post all. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. G'day Cliff...that's a bit of a nuisance for you, with your Net being down. I hate it when there is anything that hinders my computer usage and Internet access. I'm glad you could finally make it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. lee,
    " I'm a passionate, possessive lover!" OK. I'm intrigued.....

    I don't think jealousy has an up side. I've been on both sides of that coin and it's a dark one either way. The feeling sucks!

    Passion, now that's another story altogether.
    rel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rel...jealousy certainly doesn't have an 'up-side', in that I agree with you, and the feeling does suck...but sometimes it's unavoidable...the main thing is to take it under your control and not allow it to run a-muck.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm Scorpio too so that must explain my bouts of jealousy! Not these days but certainly a previous boyfriend - I went as far as face slapping (him not her!) And I would never have thought myself capable of that. A powerful emotion

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another Scorpio is amongst the ranks!

    Liz...I don't think there's too much sweetness or demureness amongst us Scorpios! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don... Its Norfolk England take a look at my blog for some great coastal pics..in my Flickr

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sally, your blog doesn't come up when your name is clicked...just your name comes up...it's impossible to get into your blog as it's not shown. There is another Sally from Norfolk in Virginia...that's why Don asked you that question.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ok i see the problem, i use word press and i need to fill in a blogger profile and add my blog address....

    www.sallyinnorfolk.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sheesh,

    I'm a Libra and I balance everthing. Should I be jealous? What if I'm not jealous? Oh, me, where is the balance? I hate being jealous and normally I am not. Jealousy shows a person's insecurity, IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know, insecurity plays a factor therein, Neo...but sometimes it can't be helped no matter how hard one tries. I try to concentrate on other things and ignore any rumblings! lol Probably a bit like you with the weighing! ;)

    ReplyDelete