Saturday, June 17, 2006

Once A Romantic, Always A Romantic...

Although I can say, positively and definitely, I will never marry again, I don't mind a 'love story.' I do think it's kind of cute the Kidman/Urban link-up which is due to become legalised next weekend. Our guitar-strumming country star has to be a better choice than Crazy Clown Cruise. Romance is nice...not enough of it is being spread around in these harsh days. Spread the love, I say...it is Sunday, after all! As someone once said...I don't know on whom to pin the blame...."You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."

Mae West, known for her witticisms as well as her physical attributes and bevy of tanned, muscled, young men flitting in and out of her boudoir, bequeathed this one..."I have found men who didn't know how to kiss. I've always found time to teach them."

Seeing I'm in a romantic mood today...there's nothing quite as nice as a candlelight dinner for two. In my case, it will have to be for three...my two cats and me! Get your butcher to cut you a couple of thick pieces of eye fillet...as in 'Filet Mignon'. Cook steaks to your liking...please don't over-cook! Meanwhile, quickly saute some green prawns and sea scallops with crushed garlic, chopped shallots and/or Italian parsley, a dash of fresh lemon juice and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve the seafood over the steaks. If you like, you could top this with either hollandaise or bernaise sauce, but I think it's nicer just with the oil and natural juices of the seafood.

Make a 'potato bake' using chicken stock as a substitute for cream. Sprinkle crushed garlic and Italian herbs over the layered sliced potato and pour over stock. Bake in the oven. When cooked place potato slices in a pile on the centre of dinner plate and place the fillet steak on top of the potatoes...then the seafood. The potato stack replaces the normal crouton served with Filet Mignon.

Sigh...I guess I'll just have to grab hold of my copy of "Bridges of Madison County", a box of tissues and my day-dreams!





No comments:

Post a Comment