Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Why Do Men Have To Resort To Rape?

War has been around since time began and will continue indefinitely, long after I'm dead and buried. This statement doesn't mean I like war. I don't, but as long as mankind lives upon this earth, it looks like they're going to be around for a long time to come! I would love to live in a world of peace and harmony. 'Tis one of my many fantasies...none of which will come true, I might add. I have my many fantasies but I am a realist.

It sickens, angers and disgusts me when I read about the rapes of women and children such as the degrading acts in Iraq back in March perpetrated on a young girl and her family by US soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division, stationed at Fort Campbell, Kentucky. These men/monsters are a disgrace to their country, their families and the rest of the Western World...the rest of the world, for that matter. Their despicable acts, by all reports, were callously premeditated. What is gained by raping women and children, I wonder? It's very difficult to have respect for men when they can revert so easily, without conscience, to these cowardly, vicious, violent acts against females...of whatever age...age seems not to matter to these barbarians. Is their hate and disrespect of women so ingrained in them, that it allows them to commit these atrocities...both in war zones and elsewhere?

Men need help...they need to go into therapy to rid themselves of whatever it is within them that is capable of turning them into cruel, frenzied savages. Either therapy or castration...or a frontal lobotomy!

The media, probably some magazine editor, created the term "SNAG" (sensitivate-new-age-guys)...I don't think such a man exists or will ever exist not as long as men commit rape upon women. There is no excuse for rape...whenever, wherever...war is no excuse for rape, either.

It's time men learned respect. I could say a lot more but then I would have to censore my own comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment