Monday, October 09, 2006

Please Explain!

It's way beyond my comprehension...I need help here!

For those of you who are not aware, I live in a beautiful part of Australia...at Mount Tamborine, in the hinterland up high beyond the hustle and bustle of the Gold Coast and a hour or so from the hectic rush of Brisbane city. There are many amongst us (and some from other areas) who would like the ambience, the landscape and the beauty of this area to change...and change drastically. I do not and will never understand their thinking or their actions!

In one of our local little newspapers I read, today, of the destruction of up to 50 bangalow palms in a council reserve here on our mountain greenery. Landcare volunteers retrieved an axe, a tomahawk and a broken shovel from the site in September. I know where I'd like to place those tools! And would, without hesitation, given half the chance! (An eighth of a chance!)

How hard do we have to work to instill in the minds of the idiots who act so mindlessly, destructively and carelessly not to desecrate what nature gives us so freely?

I'm not becoming a 'cranky, grumpy old woman'...I've always been this way! And these clowns certainly don't help my mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment