Tuesday, February 09, 2021

MY FUNNY VALENTINE...SWEET COMIC VALENTINE....

 



 





 

Love is in the air. Love is all around.  Can you feel the love tonight...or today?  

14th February, Valentine’s Day, isn’t far away...which means, of course, it’s time to drag out those silly love songs.

Do you believe in magic?

Time after time the midnight train to Georgia is worth travelling on when a man loves a woman (or vice versa).

“Back in my arms again, we will be happy together, baby love!” She yelled as off to the chapel of love she raced. With a vision of love set firmly in her mind, she searched here, there and everywhere. 

“I got you, babe!  There ain’t no mountain high enough to stop me from being close to you. You’re my shining star!” She shouted, time after time, while running along the banks of Moon River.

“You’re the one that I want! You are so beautiful!” Her words echoed through the clear Chelsea morning air as she paused to dip her toes into the shallow water.

“My guy!  I’m crazy for you...forever and always! How deep is your love? I will always love you! You are the sunshine of my life! Memories of the first time ever I saw your face. All night long I felt like dancing on the ceiling. You can lean on me! I can’t stop loving you! I can’t get enough of your love. babe! Reach out, and I’ll be there!  Let’s get it on! You’re my soul and inspiration!”

Like an unchained melody this magic moment, and others like it, is similar to the moment the eyes of two strangers in the night meet across a crowded room. 

From the first “Hello”, the power of love is an eternal flame...a wondrous thing.  

God only knows! There’s something in the air.  The sea of love cannot be denied when dancing cheek to cheek, dancing in the dark, or dancing in the moonlight. Save the last dance for me!  

Chasing cars for a kiss from a rose is truly, madly, deeply crazy.

Oh!  The way we were? Sugar! Sugar! Are you lonesome tonight?

Valentine’s Day should be carefree; a romantic, fun day of wine, roses (or milk and honey), and loads of chocolates...a day that should be about this crazy little thing called love.  It’s a day to forget worries, and not worry.  Persistently, they will make their appearance again the following day/days.

A bunch of dandelions or, perhaps, some blooms you’ve nicked from your neighbour’s garden may suffice.  It’s the thought that counts!  However, don’t get caught with your hand through the fence.  You don’t have to spend a lot of money. A couple of Freddo Frogs will do; not the Freddo Frog Slimes, though. That might be pushing your luck. 

Start the day off on the right foot (or left foot; either will be the right foot)...by serving breakfast in bed...on a tray, of course...not on the bed. If you’ve a tendency to be clumsy, stick to serving breakfast at the table out on the deck overlooking the neighbours’ garden...the scene of your crime, while you were being a midnight rambler. 

I won’t be upset if my two furry true loves don’t serve me breakfast in bed.  Actually, I will be upset if they do!  

Remember, my funny Valentines, love is all around...in the air...everywhere...in various shapes, forms, sizes, species and genders. Open your heart...all you need is love...and a box of chocolates!

What the world needs now is love, sweet love...loads of it!

 

Valentine Hearts: Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang a long ends. Place 150g chopped butter and 180g chopped dark chocolate in medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring 3 to 5 mins, or until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2c caster sugar. Set aside 5 mins.  Whisk 2 lightly beaten eggs into chocolate mixture until combined. Add 1-1/4c sifted plain flour and 2tbs cocoa powder. Whisk to combine. Fold in 220g chopped, frozen Caramello chocolate. (Tip: Freezing the chocolate makes chopping it into squares easier and ensures whole chunks are in the brownies). Spread mixture into pan. Bake 20 mins or until top is firm to touch.  Cool completely.  Use a 5cm heart-shaped cutter to cut brownies. Serve dusted with cocoa.

Cupid Cherry Cupcakes: Preheat oven 176C. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.  In bowl beat 2tbs veg oil, 6tbs softened unsalted butter, 1/2c white sugar and 1/c packed light brown sugar until fluffy. Add 2 large eggs, one at a time; beat well after each addition. Beat in 2tbs vanilla extract. In separate bowl, combine 1c plain flour, 6tbs unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2tsp baking soda, 1/4ts baking powder, and 1/4tsp salt; stir with whisk. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternating with 3/4c milk, begin and end with flour mixture. Beat until well blended. Spoon 2tbs of batter into muffin pans; bake 15-20 mins. Remove cupcakes immediately from pans; cool on wire rack. Use point of sharp knife to cut a small well in centre of cupcakes; fill with black or regular cherry preserves. Replace top portion; top with frosting. Garnish with fresh cherries dipped in chocolate if desired. Frosting: Beat 1c softened unsalted butter on until fluffy. Gradually beat 3c icing sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in 2tbs heavy cream until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Beat in 1/3c cherry preserves. If frosting becomes too loose or curdled looking, add more icing sugar, 1tbs at a time until frosting comes together.

 

 


 

34 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm glad you did, messymimi...all a bit of harmless, light-hearted, lyrical fun!

      Take good care. :)

      Delete
  2. I love what you did with all those songs, now I have Silly Love Songs in my head. Not that I mind, it's one of my favourite songs and infinitely better than the music from Jaws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey River....I did get a bit carried away, didn't I? And the songs are certainly much better than "Jaws"! lol

      Take good care...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  3. Love (and laughter) never go astray.
    And yes, I don't want Jazz serving me breakfast in bed either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi EC...I agree wholeheartedly...and there should be more of it...more instead all the drama and unkindness that goes on.

      I've made a point of making Remy and Shama understand....No Breakfast in Bed!!! I'll keep reminding them every day!

      Thanks for coming by...take good care...I hope all is well. :)

      Delete
  4. You did well with the words and of course I'm smiling - nice post Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Margaret...My aim is to please...my aim is to make people smile. :)

      Thanks for coming by...take good care. :)

      Delete
  5. Happy (early) Valentine's Day to you! What a cute post you have and those yummy treats have set my sweet tooth going! Take care Lee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, Bonnie...the early bird and all that! Every day should be filled with love. How great that would be if it occurred!

      I'm glad you enjoyed my rambling...thanks for coming by. Take good care...I hoe all is well. :)

      Delete
  6. Just stopped by to say hello - those cookies are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm glad you did, Sandie. Take good care. :)

      Delete
  7. I'm always amazed at the songs you weave into your post:)
    And thanks for reminding me that VD is just around the corner....I need to get cards out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra...all in the name of fun! :)

      Thanks for coming by...take good care. :)

      Delete
  8. That is very clever, Lee. Old songs and old souls are all so lovely, at least in my world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, Arleen...your sentiments are similar to my own! I'm glad you enjoyed my bit of harmless fun. :)

      Thanks for coming by...take good care. :)

      Delete
  9. That's a lovely post on a great, eternal topic: Love
    Songs, movies, poems - all in praise of love. And also a special day: Valentine's Day, to celebrate love and lovers everywhere.
    Your Valentine's hearts is a winning recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day DUTA...The celebration of love should be a constant, continual celebration. :)

      Thanks for coming by...take good care. :)

      Delete
  10. I never cease to be amazed by your memory and recall and imagination when it comes to writing posts like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Graham...all in the name of fun...and love! :)

      Thanks for coming by...take good care. :)

      Delete
  11. those hearts look delicious; haven't been feeling the love for quite some time, too much crap going on in the world, but I keep reminding myself I have dh and bonkers and a roof over my head and food to eat, so I now am thinking I need some chocolate, oh to have a dark chocolate truffle right now. Tomorrow or maybe in a half an hour I'll feel the opposite about love, one never knows how quickly things can change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. It is difficult to "feel the love" with the way things are throughout the world at present, but we must try to do our best not to allow extraneous matters get us down...things about which we have no personal, individual control.

      I feel similarly to what you say about your furry mates and a roof over your head. My little abode is most humble indeed, but it is much more than a lot of people have. I have my two furry much-loved roomies...and well-stocked cupboards and fridge. Hard though it does become at times, we must stay positive.

      Thanks for coming by...take good care. :)

      Delete
  12. You had fun with all those lyrics. Many were oldies but goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day, Tabor...goodies and oldies...just like we are! :)

      They don't make music today like the music we grew up with...the music of decades gone by...the decades have gone, but the music lives on...and will continue doing so.

      Take good care...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  13. The master weaver of songs has struck again! Well done and thank you. I wonder if any of those modern sounds they call music are about love? Surely, they must be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's difficult to know, Pauline...about today's "music". Most of it I can make no sense.

      Thanks for coming by...take good care. I hope all is well with you and your family. :)

      Delete
  14. I love how you've done this post :)

    Happy Valentines Day Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Jan....a Happy Chocolate...I mean...Valentine's Day to you, too! :)

    Take good care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Hearts Day, Lee, as we prefer to call this day and thanks for the smiles with all those well known song lyrics, a great post idea! And while the recipes were such sweet treats, I am trying to avoid eating such delights, at least for awhile. But a neighbor gifted us with some homemade cookies, so my resolve will be faltering today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beatrice - thanks. Celebrating love under whichever the name can only be a good thing. The history behind the story of St. Valentine is very interesting.

      Don't berate yourself for enjoying the homemade goodies. I believe we have to enjoy a few "wicked" treats every now and then. I sure do...I'm going to be dead a long time...far longer than I will have lived.. and won't be able to enjoy them then! :)

      Thanks for coming by...take good care. :)

      Delete
  17. Glad to be here to enjoy another of your fascinating posts. You do tell it all and I'm seeing it just in time for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to see you, Annie. I'm glad you came by. Take good care. :)

      Delete
  18. Had to look up Freddo Frogs as they don't have these in the U.S. I'm guessing then that the "slimey" ones have a fruit filling? Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. We had sea scallops and pierogis for dinner here, a sort of surf and serf. Do they eat paczkis there? The stores are loaded with them today, Mardi Gras.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dave...First off...Freddo Slime – It's a milk chocolate Freddo with a “gooey, fruit-flavoured jelly centre. :)

      Paczkis are here...mainly in Polish restaurants. Not far up the road from where I live here is The Polish Place...a wonderful restaurant that serves a wide variety of Polish treats...all great. :)

      Your Valentine's Day menu sound delicious! Yum!

      Take good care. I hope all remains well with you and yours....thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete