Sunday, October 31, 2021

STOP THE WORLD...I WANT TO GET OFF!

 


Happy Birthday  to Remy and Shama





 

If, at the age of 90 William Shatner can do it, so, too, can I at the age I am! 

However, I want to go further afield than he did...to soar off into space for longer than 10 minutes...off to another planet, with my two furry besties a travel buddies.   I’m sure there’s a planet, somewhere out they in the galaxy beyond, more pleasant to live in than this one is at present. 

The behaviour of many inhuman humans does not impress me one little bit.   

For instance, the behaviour of low-life scum...the hackers who have not an ounce of decency, respect, or dignity...the worthless predators pretending to be from NBN (National Broadband Network for those in the Northern Hemisphere who would be unaware) who infiltrate the privacy and computers of others. 

These wastes-of-space invaded my privacy and computer the week before last...and I came out the loser.  I am hoping the situation will be rectified and I will be recompensed, but I am not holding my breath.

Anxiety, a nervous breakdown and a heart attack I do not need.  I WILL NOT allow those arse-holes to have the power over me.  They are worthless pieces of shit.  I make no apologies for my description of them.  I’m being a polite as I can be on this open forum.  In private, I am not as polite, I can assure you!

Each and every one of us has to be on high alert at all times. There are predators out there...and we, the decent people, are their prey.

I’ll let you know when I board the spaceship with Major Tom at the controls.   

There are some, I’m sure, who will be glad to see the back of me!  Take the other day, for instance...

There I was doing what I believe I do best...minding my own business...keeping to my own self; being the hermit I choose to be, and enjoy being...doing battle with a cryptic crossword.  Just as it appeared I was going to be the conqueror, a loud pounding on the door disturbed not only me, but the peace, the ever-present birds, and my two furry roomies.  

By the way, of most importance....

"Happy Birthday to my two feline mates, who turned 19 on 4th November - they’re almost as old as me!”   

They are the loves of my life...I would be lost without them.

To the knocking on my door I responded in equal loudness to inform whoever was doing the pounding I was on my hobbling way.  To my surprise upon opening the door there stood two of our finest gentlemen in blue, their beaming smiles lighting up the day. Much to their surprise, like an apparition, there appeared I.  Having not expected visitors, let alone the cops, my teeth were nestled in their container on my bedside table where they spend most of their time when I’m alone, which is most of my time.  The tattered, old slacks I wore have seen far better days (I should toss them into the rubbish bin.  In my defence, they’re very comfortable).  My top was a garish mismatch to the slacks.  My hair was an ungodly mess.  I had been lounging on the bed doing cryptic crosswords, a pastime that didn’t require dressing up in my Sunday, or any day, best.  No fashion plate was I...not a contender for the cover of Vogue magazine!  Oh! Well!  It’s not the first time...and it won’t be the last.

The sight of me was enough to scare the living bejeezus out of Dracula, Frankenstein, Hannibal Lecter and Freddy Krueger combined!  Hey!  I even scare the living daylights out my own self when I look in the mirror.  That’s why I gave up doing so years ago.  I hope no one arrives, unheralded today...even without glancing in a mirror, I know my appearance would inspire Stephen King to pen another book.  In anticipation, Wes Craven and John Carpenter would be fighting over the rights to direct the movie version; and, from above, out there in the galaxy beyond, Alfred Hitchcock would be adding his tuppence worth.

The cops informed me that a prowler had been reported as being seen prowling around this little lane in the wee small hours of that particular morning.  Another idiot roams free!!!  If I’d spotted him he would have been a headless idiot and I informed my visitors of that fact...to which they replied, still with beaming smiles, “Good on you, Lee!”

If I’d gone out into the street in my dishevelled garb and appearance I’d have been easily mistaken for one of the participating scarecrows during our local Scarecrow Festival.  I would also have been a perfect candidate for Halloween.   Pity the poor kids if any had seen me!  They’d still be running far beyond the distant horizon screaming their little lungs out.

On a far more serious note...be aware...take care, folks.  There are too many in this world who are not worthy of the title “human”.  Those who believe what is yours, is theirs.  For example, the lowlife wastes-of-space hacker leeches who pretend to be from NBN....

 

Out of This World Sandwich: To make the meatballs: place 100g chicken mince, a handful of chopped spinach, ½ crushed garlic clove, 1/4tsp oregano, 1tbs panko breadcrumbs and 1tbs crumbled feta in bowl; season. Mix gently until well combined. Shape into 2 even-sized balls; flatten slightly. Heat pan over med-heat; spray lightly with oil spray. Cook chicken 6-8mins or until golden brown and cooked through, turning occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside to rest. To make tzatziki: Place 500g Greek yoghurt, 2cm piece cucumber, grated, lemon juice to taste, ½ garlic clove, crushed, and 1/2tsp finely chopped dill or parsley in a small bowl; season; mix well. To make the salad: Place 4 halved cherry tomatoes, ½ diced Lebanese cucumber, ¼ finely diced red onion and ¼ yellow capsicum, diced, in a bowl; toss gently to combine. To serve; stuff one half of pita bread with small handful of spinach leaves, the salad and the chicken meatballs. Drizzle over the tzatziki.  Enjoy!

Yummy Burritos: Toss 2c raw chopped cucumber, tomatoes, onion, capsicum, 1/2c corn kernels and 1/2c grated cabbage and carrots in bowl; season with salt, pepper and 1/4tsp oregano. You can make your own wraps if you’re feeling industrious, or if, like me, you’re lazy, heat burrito wrap; place 1 hot burrito on plate; apply tom sauce, mustard sauce, and cheese spread. Place one hot burrito on plate; spread a spoonful of hot red kidney beans in centre; put two spoons of salad mixture on it.  Spread over some more mustard sauce; roll up...and enjoy this, too! 

 

 

 

29 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that the hackers got you.
    And my language when I was hit some years ago was definitely on the fruity side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! The past couple of weeks have been, for me, filled with anger and anxiety, EC, as I am sure you understand.

      Take care...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh really, that's not good regarding the hackers - they are not nice people at all...was that by phone, door or modem?
    Happy Birthday to you pussy cats and hoping they had a beautiful day..
    Take care Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not good regarding the hackers, Margaret...and that is an understatement. It's a long complex story. I don't usually answer phone calls from numbers I do not recognise...but the day in question was a week after being without NBN service...no phone, no internet, no streaming services. The NBN technician came to fix up the problem. I was not the only person in this area having service problems at that time. Many in the area were without phone service etc., similar to my problems.

      70 mins after the NBN technician was here, I received a phone call...not thinking I answered it at the time. The "person" on the other end said he was from NBN, and was aware of the service problems etc., this area had been experiencing...yada, yada, yada.....I believed it was a follow-up call, having come so soon after the NBN technician had been here...in my premises. I dare to say, I believe any normal person would have similar thoughts to those I had at that particular time...

      The rest, sadly, is history...From 15th October until 21st October...I had no communication services....from 21st October until now and who know whenever...I am waiting with bated breath to learn if a positive result...in my favour...will eventuate. I have spent hours on the phone taking with various authorities, the bank security services and all others...on and on it goes.. I am going crazy. I've had enough!!!

      Take good care...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  3. Hopefully, no serious damage was done to you by the hackers.
    Happy Birthday to your 'feline mates' as you call your darling cats!
    As for the recipes, anything that can be put in a pita pocket or wrapped in pita bread, is fine for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day, DUTA...I suffered monetarily, as well as anxiety, frustration, stress, anger and other discomforting disruptions by these faceless, cowardly creatures who prey on other...who have no respect for others.

      I will pass on you birthday wishes to my much-beloved two mates...take good care. Thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, I did not know cats lived so long. It's a credit to their excellent caretaker. That's terrible how those hackers got you, but seeing your explanation in comments, they could have gotten me too. Sneaky little buggers and I'm sure there's worse I could call them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave...I've called them worse, and I am still calling them worse, I can assure you! I really do not know, or understand why some think it is their right to act so!

      My two besties are much loved and I know they love me equally in return. They've got me well-trained! :)

      Take good care...and be on alert at all times. I do not want anyone else to go through what I've been going through these past couple of weeks. Thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  5. I know you mentioned the telecommunication loss on my blog but I had no way of knowing you were hit in other ways Lee. Hopefully you’ll be righted to your usual happy self soon and the ‘authorities’ will pin down the scum who did this to you.
    Love to you and your furry friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Cathy. I hope it is all resolved favourably soon, too. What has happened has drained me. I can only hope...

      Take good care...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  6. The world can't be stopped, you're going to have to jump if you want to get off.
    I'm sorry the hackers got you, do you know how they did it so you can be more aware for the same thing? I'm sure the policemen have seen much worse when having doors opened to them. kudos for tackling the Cryptic, I never even look at it, the easy crosswords are enough for me.
    In cat years, 19 is 92, so Remy and Shama are older than you now and have been for their last three birthdays. After age 2, cats age four years for our one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi River...read my response above to Margaret's comment. I did send you an email the other day suggesting you be on alert for these clowns. There are too many of them around nowadays...taking advantage of others. They have no conscience.

      Just don't answer any numbers you are now familiar with...normally, I don't...but as you see from my response to Margaret...the hackers are smart, evil bastards...and one wonders if they don't have a spy working with NBN, seeing the NBN technician had just visited my premises to fix up my communication service.

      Take good care...thanks for coming by. The way I feel at present is older than Remy and Shama! :)

      Delete
  7. Based on your description of yourself, I am sure it was entirely appropriate that Halloween is at hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely, David...every day is Halloween! :)

      I hope I'm successful in scaring the #$&@ out of the low-life hackers in this world who prey on others.

      Thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  8. Oh Lee, I feel for you. Those hackers are evil ******** I don't think I'm allowed to use that words on here, insert a word of your own choice. So sorry they got you. I would be fit to be tied if they got me like that. And then to hear more evil so and sos have been near your home - I'd be wanting to jump, too. Take care, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've inserted a very suitable word, Pauline...and I've also spoken and thought a few more, I can assure you! My nerves are shot to hell...my stress/anxiety levels are through the roof. But I'm doing my utmost not to let the bastards win!!

      Thanks for your empathy, Pauline...I appreciate it. Take good care...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  9. I am so sorry the hackers got you.

    Please pass on my Happy Birthday wishes to Remy and Shama.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day, Jan....Remy and Shama are waving their paws in your direction, in thanks for your good wishes. :)

      Take care...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  10. First,Lee, there is no need to offer any apology on expressing your anger and frustration over what sounded like a devastating situation in more ways than one. I'm sure everyone feels the same about these unscripulous individuals who prey on others whether through the computer or by phone calls. I block every single phone number that we do not recognize and while I fully realize that other numbers will then be used, it gives me no end of satisfaction when a call is attempted on the blocked number and the phone does not answer it -- victory! I do the same with every email and also spam blog comments, all are trashed, because that's where they belong. Of course, it never ends and the best we cal all do is warn others and remain vigilant.

    Belated birthday wishes to your feline companions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Beatrice...normally I am very careful re the answering of phone calls from numbers I do not recognise. And, if perchance, I do answer such a call, I tell them, in not-so-polite terms where to go and what to do to themselves!!!

      Sadly, this time I fell into a bottom-less trap. A deep dark hole with no light visible at the end of the tunnel at this present moment.

      The NBN technician had just been here in my abode to fix up the service that had not been operable for six days. 70 minutes after solving the problem, and his departure, I received a call...purporting to be from NBN...saying all the right, appropriate words, applicable to the problems I'd faced over the previous six days...problems others in this area had similarly suffered.

      I never open emails from senders I do not recognise. I delete such emails immediately.

      I have been warning as many people as I can...I do not want others to get caught by these low-life bottom feeders.

      My anxiety level is through the roof, showing no signs of coming back down. Hopefully, the bank will resolve the matter, positively, in my favour. They are to blame, too, for releasing the money without my permission!

      Thanks for your sentiments...and for coming by...take good care. :)

      Delete
  11. In my craziness i managed to miss this post! And i hate missing my friends' posts.

    Wishing many happy returns of the day to your precious furry roommates.

    The thought of people prowling around your lane/stealing/hacking into your private online business makes me madder than a hornet. My hope is that by now you've gotten it all straight in your favor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi messymimi...nothing has been resolved yet. I live in hope...and with anxiety...and anger and frustration!

      I'm fed up with it all...I'm fed up with the behaviour of the ignorant within our society. There are far too many spreading their virus far wider and far more rapidly than any Covid-19! They do not deserve to be called humans.

      Thanks for coming by...take good care...in all aspects of living. My two furry mates thank you, too, for your good wishes. :)

      Delete
  12. I am so sorry this happened to you. It's so very frustrating.
    I tend to dress like a bag lady when at home:) No offense to bag ladies:)
    Take special care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. AND a huge happy birthday to those special kitties:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and Hi, Sandra. lol Yep! I have no need, at home here with just me and my two furry besties. to dress up...and I don't...take right now for instance!! :)

      Remy and Shama thank you for your good wishes.

      These past few weeks have been very trying, that is for sure. I hope the end result comes out in my favout. All this anxiety I'm feeling has to be rewarded somehow!

      Thanks for coming by...take care. :)

      Delete
  14. Hey girl I had to laugh at your humorous description of yourself at the door. I agree with you too many selfish, greedy, thieving people pose as Humans. The business is to steal, check, hack and disrupt the rest of us. I was hacked on FB and you feel so violated. I was even called out by an old friend for sending her a message. Took awhile but I finally convinced her that It was not me. I finally changed my password to something that even I forget. Why oh why do we have to be subject to such evil doings. Something should be done to block hackers and scam telephone calls. Now that would be good money spent. NO COMPANY COULD GO ON LINE UNLESS THEY HAVE SECURITY TO BLOCK THESE EVIL DOERS. PEACE TO YOU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day, Di...I'm going insane here...waiting, waiting, waiting...in the hope I do get my money back. I've just finished sending off a lengthy report to the Cyber police, at their request, in the hope they can help poke the beast, stir the fire.

      I'm a mental wreck at the moment...my anxiety level is through the roof and way beyond.

      There are too many sick, greedy, heartless bastards in this world today.

      Thanks for coming by Miss Kitty...take care. You're a good friend. :)

      Delete
  15. You always make me so hungry. My girl Slim will be 119 years equivalent in April. She is hanging in there fairly well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Annie. Our furry mates are doing well, aren't they? They mean so much to us, My two are so loved, and so very important to me.

      Thanks for coming by...take good care. Cuddles to Slim from me. :)

      Delete