Tuesday, September 15, 2015


 
Aboriginal Stockman....Graphite Drawing by me

The painting I swapped for a fridge!  (This painting and the previous two above I painted using acrylic paints. The photo of my traded painting is not the clearest of photos. I took the photo as it hung on the wall of my friends' lounge room...an after-thought - after lunch one day)
Bottle Trees (Water-colour)
Black Boy (Water-colour)
 As a follow-up to my previous article about Art this post displays a few of  my scribbles and splashings - just for the fun of it!   Art forced me to do it!  Blame him, not me!!!

 THE STOCKMAN

The stockman's face glistens under the torrid outback sun
Weather-beaten wiry and worn his teeth tobacco-stained
 Alone he rode across the dusty dry land his day never done
His love for the vast brown land remained forever ingrained

Parched by day the unforgiving fiery copper luminary beyond
Unrelenting in its punishment upon those who wander below
As if obeying the devil's command it does eagerly respond
Silence shattered by bellowing cattle and the call of a crow


OUTBACK TRACK

He wandered along a barren outback track unknown
With his swag and blackened billy he roamed alone
Matted sun-bleached hair skin of leather lean yet robust
He sheltered his weary eyes from the swirling red dust

Through the shimmering haze he spotted a dry creek
As nightfall drew close the outcome looked bleak
In long measured strides determinedly he pushed on
Until he spied dancing brolgas beside a billabong

An impatient sun rises obediently the new day dawns
The lone swagman stokes his campfire stretches yawns
His destination lay at the end of a meandering course ahead
What awaited there filled him with pain sorrow and dread
                                                                                             Poems by me....

32 comments:

  1. Lee you are very talented . The Stockman is wonderful and life like . I love the expression in his eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leisha...you're more than kind with your comment. I just fiddle about for my own pleasure and fun....or used to. As I've said in my previous post, I must give myself a good kick up the butt!!

      Thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  2. you have missed your calling, you are truly a wonderful artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my ears were blocked, Linda! And they probably still are! :)

      Thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  3. How did I miss that last post? Wow! These paintings are great! What a multi talented person you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Helsie...you're too busy strolling around St. Remy and Uzes, supping on cepes omelettes and sipping on wines....that's how you missed it...and one doesn't blame you for doing so!

      Thanks for popping in. :)

      Delete
    2. Very talented indeed ~ now that Lee has let the proverbial cat out of the bag, there is no going back.

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha! Behave yourself, Carol!!

      Thanks for popping in. :)

      Delete
  4. Very, very talented. And a crime to let it be wasted. Get kicking...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! That kick was a little too hard! Thanks for coming by, EC. :)

      Delete
  5. I like those last two watercolours very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the watercolours, River . Thanks for popping in. :)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful work! How wonderful and fulfilling to have such talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day Arleen...nice to see you....thanks for your comment and for coming by. :)

      Delete
  7. Oh Lee!! The Stockman is Wonderful!!
    You do fantastic stuff Girl!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna...Thanks for your comment...I like my stockman, too. I should put him in a frame...he's languishing away in a folder in box. Not where he would like to be, I'm sure!!

      Thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  8. I did a blog post once asking "what is art". Many responses expanded my definition and range. From paint on canvas, poetic words of expression, arranged gardens, to music, photography and video presentations -- all can be art.
    My definition is " that which takes one away to another place". When I view a piece like your desert scenes, I can feel the heat and dry dust; I can be there for a bit. To me that is art . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day goatman....I agree with your definition.

      And, we all see art differently...what one person likes, another has a different opinion; what one person sees. may not be what another sees...the words of a poem can mean something completely different to one person...and something else to another.

      Like beauty, art is in the "eye" of the beholder...and in the mind, too.

      Thanks for your thought-provoking comment. :)

      Delete
  9. That's good!
    Always do what you enjoy and you clearly enjoy and are good at this!
    Do more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your thoughts and for coming by, Adullamite. :)

      Delete
  10. Very nice light in the fridge swap painting. And love the expression on Aboriginal man's face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn...I should've taken the pic of my "fridge" painting before I'd given it away....or at least taken it off the wall and outside to take the shot. But, I shouldn't complain at least I've got a record of that particular painting. The photo isn't really a clear depiction of its true colours.

      Thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  11. Well if there is one thing that makes landscape art appeal to me is how evocative it is of that which it represents. Your pictures are incredibly evocative of Australia. The picture of the stockman is good, in my humble opinion, because you can see behind the face into the man himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day, Graham...thank you for your nice comment. I'm glad you like my paintings and drawing. My poor old stock man is stuck away in a folder somewhere. I should dig him out and get a little frame for the drawing....one of these days.

      Thanks for dropping in. :)

      Delete
  12. Well! I like them all. Talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Margaret....Thank you...I'm glad you like them...and thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  13. Thats a face that look ripe with stories - nice picture.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stewart....Yes, we could sit around a campfire for hours listening to that fellow....thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  14. Phenomenal drawing! What is super job you did. Thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Annie...nice to see you...thanks for coming by. I hope all is going well for you. :)

      Delete
  15. You are very talented! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day RK..that's very nice of you to say...I dabble and flounder...but it's all a bit of fun, or it was when I was floundering. I must jump into the deep end again soon.

      Thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete