Saturday, April 06, 2024

THERE MUST BE SOME HERE SOMEWHERE!

May be an illustration of rabbit
I'll get around to finish this drawing one day!


Clint Lindt







Yoo-hoo! Hey there!  Over here!  I’m over here behind the bushes; to the left.  My left, silly; not your right…that’s right!  I’m digging around, scrounging about in search of Easter eggs.  There must be some here somewhere. If I keep searching I might also find my lost appetite. Spotting a hare isn’t rare, but they don’t care about carting around basketfuls of Easter eggs.  Rabbits are far too busy hopping around carrying out their bunny habits.  If you know what I mean!

After a horrific beginning to 2024, Easter snuck up on me.  Before I knew it, Easter was here, and then, in a flash, gone.  Half asleep, or half awake throughout the whole event, I missed out on the eggs…a calamity of the highest degree!  Forever hopeful, I reckon if I keep searching I’ll find a left-over egg or two, or, if I’m lucky, maybe three.

I might be ancient, but that doesn’t stop me from acting like a kid.  If I want to be a female Peter Pan, I will be…so the hunt continues without embarrassment.

My many bird mates told me they intended to don their Easter bird costumes, and grab their baskets loaded with chocolate eggs for me come the time. Having faith in them, I feel sure they wouldn’t lie to me. Would they?  My relentless search continues.

In the meantime, while taking a break and enjoying a mug of coffee here’s an update for you. Clint Lindt once again displayed stoic resilience. In the aftermath of Christmas night’s disastrous event, the power outage, and no refrigeration for a lengthy period, Clint Lindt, clad in his gold outfit, stood coolly firm, unruffled, with his ears standing at high alert while all else around him suffered dire consequences. Alone he stood, not shedding an ounce of sweat; not melting in the heat.  And, there he remains, as he has for ages, smiling at me every time I open the fridge.  His welcoming wink proves he has faith in me, knowing I’ll never eat him.

Easter came and went, but I didn’t do without. I found some hot cross buns hiding in the freezer for a rainy or non-rainy day. Magically, a couple of Cherry Ripes appeared on the top shelf. I wonder how that happened!  All was not lost even if the eggs were, and remain so.

What an exciting life I lead, you must be thinking.  It may not be to everyone’s taste or desire, but I’ve had enough excitement through the years to last me. A quiet, peaceful existence is what I seek. 

My goodness!  St. Patrick’s Day crept up on me before I realised Paddy was about to pat me on the back to announce his arrival, inviting me to join him in Riverdance. I should be ashamed, seeing my paternal heritage is Northern Irish.  To add to the confusion, I’m of Scottish heritage on my maternal side, and I missed the Scottish New Year.  The Celtic New Year originally was celebrated on November 1st.  Then, until 1600, the Gregorian calendar, which was used in Scotland at the time, declared New Year was 25th March.   

Wait!  If that’s not enough to bamboozle you, there’s more. 1st April was Hunt the Gowk Day.  It was a day folk played tricks and told fibs to trick each other.  The jokes had to cease at mid-day.  Does that sound familiar?  1st April is now called “April Fool’s Day”, if you hadn’t already caught on.  Further still, Preen-tail Day or Tailie Day is the 2nd April…the day following April Fool’s Day; a day when paper tails were attached to the backs of unsuspecting people.  So, as a head’s up, watch your back on 2nd April!  It’s all a bit of harmless fun with no maliciousness intended.

Recently I was thrilled to bits.  I succeeded to achieve something I’ve never managed to make a fellow human do. One of my cheeky little butcher bird buddies ate out of my hand a couple of times.  Topping that off, a day or so later, he strolled right up to the entrance of my abode.  For a moment I thought he was going to wander inside, but he stopped, Staring up at me…straight in my eyes…he absorbed in every word I uttered, seemingly understanding what I was saying to him.

Now, it’s back to my search.  Guess what!!!!!  Whoo-hoo!!! My lucky day!

Yummy Chocolate Puddings: Preheat oven 200C. Grease 6x4.5cm-deep, 8cm (base), 1/2-cup-capacity ovenproof ramekins with melted butter. Line bases with baking paper. Place on baking tray. Combine 200g 70% cocoa dark chocolate, 150g chopped butter and 1/3rd cup brown sugar in heatproof bowl; set over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure base of bowl doesn’t touch the water. Heat, stirring constantly, 3mins, or until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; set aside to cool 2mins. Add 4 lightly beaten eggs to mixture, whisking until combined.  Sift over 1/4c plain flour; whisk until combined. Divide mixture evenly between prepared ramekins.  Bake 12mins, or until a crust has formed on top, but puddings are still wobbly to touch in centre. Remove from oven; stand to cool 2mins. Run a small knife around edge of puddings to loosen. Gently turn onto serving plates. Serve immediately with ice-cream, fresh strawberries or raspberries and grated chocolate.    Enjoy! 

28 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe, Lee. And I once had a hummingbird land on my hand...loved the feeling of it!
    Hang in there, dear lady...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna...I love the birds that visit me here often, through the day, every day. They've become my mates...and I, theirs. :)

      Thanks for coming by...take care.

      Delete
  2. I’ve missed you Lee.
    You’ve had a really rough trot so I’m hoping there is more love in your life for the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cathy....I tried to leave a response on your blog yesterday, to no avail. Blogger has been throwing tantrums lately, which is very annoying.

      'Thanks for your comment, and for coming by....take care. :)

      Delete
  3. I hope that you reached the bottom of the trough and are now emerging from it. Get that picture finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, David...me, too. Each day it's getting better....even if the rain keeps tumbling down, with little sign of ever stopping! :)

      Yes...I should finish my drawing...I keep telling myself that! :)

      Thanks for coming by...take care.

      Delete
  4. That's what I say to myself too: " I had enough excitement...A quiet, peaceful existence is what I seek".
    Thanks Lee , for the yummy chocolate pudding recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day, DUTA....Yes...a quiet, peaceful life is a life to be enjoyed and valued. I hope that is your gift this year, and for the future years. Take good care...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  5. I look forward to a peaceful existence too. In my own home!!! That Lindt Bunny - I saw the same thing at Walmart for $4.97. We have those chocolate Moulton cake here too.
    Hoping for peace for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sandie...the chocolate Lindt bunnies take over the supermarkets here come Easter time! :) I've only ever bought one...and he remains in my fridge as I've not been able to bring myself to eat him! lol

      Thanks for coming by...take care. :)

      Delete
  6. Love your bunny drawing. It's wondrous, as is having a bird eat out of your hand. So very special.
    Have a grand weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sandra...thanks for your kind comment. The birds are terrific...even though they are still in their own free-wheeling habitat, their daily visits and their cheerful calls make me happy. I feel comforted knowing they are there.

      Thanks for coming by...take care. :)

      Delete
  7. Your drawing of the bunnies looks finished to me. I think it's wonderful. You should frame it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kay...I should find a frame...I've a few drawings and paintings that could do with one each! lol

      Thanks for coming by....take care. :)

      Delete
  8. Can you check your spam folder for me? I know I commented on this post yesterday. I am glad that Clint survived the power cut - I had worried about him. And yes, having a wild bird eat from your hand is very special indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been having lots of problems trying to respond to other blogs, too, EC...yours included. I don't know what is going on lately...it's very frustrating.

      Dear old Clint Lindt...he's been with me for a long time now! lol I didn't have the heart to eat him when I first got him...and there is no way in the world I could do it now!! :)

      Thanks for coming by....you take good care of yourself.

      Delete
  9. I'm glad you had the cherry ripes at least, so you weren't entirely without chocolate. I haven't bought Lindt bunnies in a very long time. I hope this gets published, I'm getting "failed to publish try again later" messages at several blogs today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously I'm not the only one having problems posting responses, River. It's bloody annoying, isn't it? It's happening far too often lately. My patience is wearing thin! I had problems trying to post a response to your blog this morning, too.

      Thanks for coming by....take care. (I always have a couple of Cherry Ripes in the fridge for a rainy day...and we've been having lots of rainy days this year!)

      Delete
  10. I hope no more holidays sneak up and catch you unawares. They tend to do that to me, too.

    Your butcher bird friend sounds quite smart to know you mean him no harm.

    May you have all the chocolate you want or need for the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, messymimi...I didn't speak with another soul over Easter....I spent the weekend with my head buried in books. In this past week I've read four books...and started on the fifth today.

      My bird mates are all friendly fellows...they visit me frequently through the day. I love having them around.

      Thanks for coming by...take care. :)

      Delete
  11. I don't mind a cherry ripe of two too Lee.
    Hope you are keeping ok.
    Love the bunnies you have drawn but not finished, they just look great to me.
    Never had an Eater Egg or any piece of chocolate at Easter time...I forgot to I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Margaret....I've always liked Cherry Ripes...both my late brother and my late ex-husband used to always send me some for special occasions...Easter included. Now they are both gone, I keep up the tradition. (As well as having some on hand throughout the rest of the year!) :)

      Thanks for coming by...I'm glad you like my bunnies...take care.

      Delete
    2. PS....I've been trying and trying to leave a comment in response on your blog, Margaret...but for some reason I am unable to do so. Blogger is frustrating me no end lately. I won't be defeated, though...and will keep trying. :)

      Delete
  12. My email address hasn't changed, Sandie...it's been the same for years.

    Take good care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I think your drawing of the bunnies looks finished ... and it's lovely.

    I hope you are doing okay, 2024 has not been a good year for you, but hopefully things are improving.
    We had a nice Easter spending time with the family.
    No Easter Egg hunt but plenty of eggs for the grandchildren who are growing up fast!

    Sending my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan...I think the bunnies will remain as is...I procrastinate far too much! lol

      It's been a strange year so far...but many have suffered far, far worse than I have...and my hope is that very soon things...life does get better for them. My concerns are minor compared with the troubles so many others face.

      My Easter was spent very quietly...by choice....I spent most of the time reading...and I didn't speak to another person... :)

      Thanks for coming by, Jan...take care.

      Delete
  14. you are such a great artist, love the bunnies and that chocolate dessert, wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda...I used to do a lot more drawing and painting than I do these days. I'm slack! :)

      Thanks for coming by...take good care. :)

      Delete