Monday, April 27, 2020

LOVES AND LIKES I LOVE TO LIKE AND LOVE...


The Irrepressible Dylan Alcott
Acrylic paintings painted by me


Another chapter in my Book of Life...the title is self-explanatory....


Positivity

Honesty

Laughter...  (including being able to laugh at myself...which is often!)

The sound of children laughing

Joy and wonderment on a child’s face...the sparkle in their eyes...their smiles...unbridled excitement, expectation...the lack of embarrassment

Kindness

Never losing the power to dream...

Inspirational people...those who inspire others.  For instance, Dylan Alcott, OAM...
our Australian world champion wheelchair basketball player and tennis player, radio host, TV sports commentator, and motivational speaker.  Dylan was born with a tumor wrapped around his spinal cord, and was operated on during the first few weeks of his life.  The tumor was successfully removed. However, it left Dylan a paraplegic, relying on a wheelchair for the rest of his life.  Dylan’s parents, his rocks from when he entered this world,  are to be greatly admired. They, too, are inspirations.


Selfless benevolence...generosity...charitable...in actions and in spirit

The sound of rain falling on the roof

The smell of dust being settled by rain

Walking in gentle summer rain

Sunny, mild days

Queensland winters

Heroes...and the unsung heroes...for their bravery in the face of adversity... their sacrifices for the sake of others...for freedom

Humility

Those who stand up for others...for the underdogs

A sense of humour...good humour and fun, but not at the expense of another/others

Fairness

Respect

Fun...

Animals...domestic, farm, native/wild

The glorious feeling of climbing into bed just been made with clean, fresh sheets and pillow cases

Good manners

The beauty and wonder of Nature

Living in a democracy

Ocean views...beach views

Views of mountains and valleys

Sunrise

Sunset

A star-filled sky


Elderly folk who display a joi de vivre...a zest for life...(and anyone else of any age who express an enjoyment of life)

Sensitivity to the feelings of others...solicitude

Good, fun, interesting, enlightening conversations

Inane, insane (harebrained), light-hearted, laughter-filled chats just for the fun of it

No matter how humble it may be...having a roof over my head and four walls to surround me

Those having strength of spirit when in stressful situations...having the ability to overcome difficult situations...to win...

Remy and Shama...my two furry roomies...

Being an Aussie...

Knowing I, and my two furry mates, will never starve...and the knowledge I will always have enough toilet paper...pandemic or no pandemic

Music...where do I begin?

Reading...

Movies/series/documentaries

Old friends...good friends of long-standing...

Living....

I am sure there are many more things I love and like...and like many pennies dropping from Heaven, they will drop....landing on my head and in my mind...after I’ve posted this...





26 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed hearing your grateful journal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Sandie...it's one I keep close at hand at all times.

      Nice to see you, as usual...take good care. :)

      Delete
  2. Your "Music, where do I begin" sent me to YouTube to look for the famous song (from the equally famous movie Love Story) sung by Andy Williams. The song starts with: Where do I begin/ To tell the story of how great a love can be/ What a voice, what lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh...and how wonderful Andy Williams was, DUTA. Tears still fill my eyes every time I hear him sing "Moon River"...beautiful, beautiful! :)

      I'd be lost without music in my life.

      Thanks for coming by...I hope all is still well with you and yours..keep taking good care. :)

      Delete
  3. A comprehensive list - many of which I share. If I knew of a clean sheets fairy I would love to have fresh linen on my bed each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, EC re the clean sheets on the bed every day! lol How wonderful that would be! Heaven between sheets!

      Thanks for coming by...take care. :)

      Delete
  4. An excellent list :)
    Right now I'm loving the sound and smell of the rain falling outside and the mug of hot milo I'm sipping from. I hope the rain spreads to other areas that need it, we're supposed to have heavier falls tomorrow and possibly Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, River...we had some light rain here today, too....and I loved it. Not a lot, but every bit matters; and sounded great on my roof. I'm hoping more is to fall tonight. Our temperature is predicted to drop considerably at week's end...so that will be great, too. :)

      I hope all is still well with you and Lady Lola...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
    2. By the way, River...I love mugs of hot Milo...one at a time, of course!! :)

      Delete
  5. Anonymous1:16 AM

    It's a very nice and positive post. I'll add to that recent smiling on the street to strangers, while of course walking past each other as far apart as possible. It is a sympathetic smile, as if we are all in this together, which of course we aren't. Some are suffering in many ways very badly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrew...Smiling at others when I'm out and about I meant to put on my list...and receiving their smiles in return. It is a regular occurrence up here on the plateau. On a whole, the locals are very pleasant. Some bloke said Hello to me by name the other day...we had a brief chat...and I have no idea who he is! lol

      It didn't matter...I just chatted back as if I did know him...that's the way life should be. :)

      Thanks for coming by...keep taking good care of yourselves...I hope your Mum is doing okay. :)

      Delete
  6. What a great list you have composed. So many things on that list I am for.
    Dylan, a great achiever and good luck to him he deserves to win and be praised.
    Loving this so called 'lock down' not spending any money, even online :)
    Take care, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Margaret re the not spending money...I was just thinking similar a few minutes ago! :)

      Yes...Dylan is a terrific human being. I think he is wonderful...he never fails to bring a smile to my face. His positive approach to life is contagious. His zest for life equally so.

      You take care, too, Margaret...my best thoughts to you and your loved ones. Thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  7. I love your paintings they remind me of water colors and seem very luminous. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda...my sunrise painting was inspired by a magnificent sunrise I had been lucky enough to witness a few years earlier....at Sunshine Beach, on the Sunshine Coast...both aptly named.

      Thanks for coming by. Take good care. :)

      Delete
  8. 💜 Loved this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you did, Sandi. We must try at all time to hold on to the good things...the positive.

      Thanks for coming by...take care. :)

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful post! I love your likes and loves as well and also your positive thinking. You are a talented artist - your paintings are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, Bonnie...To the top of the class, Positivity with 100 points...out the door Negativity with minus 100 points! :)

      Thanks for your comment, Bonnie...take care, and thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  10. What a wonderful, positive post this is.
    Sending my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My best wishes in return, Jan...keep taking good care up your way! :)

      Thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  11. Gratitude for the things we love and like, counting our blessings, blesses others when they read it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, messymimi. Gratitude never goes astray...the warmth it generously gives is unique...unmatched.

      Take good care...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  12. Today is Sunday. I'm catching up in Blogland even though it's Sunday evening. It's 9 o'clockish and the sun hasn't yet set in the cloudless sky. I'm grateful for the fact that I can write this.

    I like that your enjoyment is not at the expense of others. I dislike humour that is at the expense of hurting others.

    Music. Without music my life would be a pale shadow of what it is now. I cannot envisage life without music.

    Lee, you are one of my heroines of Blogland. You are a rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Graham...I hope I've never given the impression I have fun at the expense of others. To do so has never been my way...never been my desire. I'd be the first person to give me a swift, well-deserved kick up the the nether regions and tell me to wake up to myself if I did.

      Music....like you say about your own self...my life, too, would be empty without music. Music is so important...even when it brings tears to my eyes (which is often)...music stirs up memories of days gone by...happy memories...and sad. I love music...I'm a hopeless sook! :)

      Graham...your last line...what a lovely thing to say. Most unexpected...most uplifting, and heartwarming. Thank you very much for your words. That is the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a long time. And you, my dear, are a fine gentleman. :)

      Thanks for coming by...take good care. :)

      Delete
    2. Lee. you said "A sense of humour...good humour and fun, but not at the expense of another/others" which was what I liked and prompted my comment.

      Delete