Sunday, May 03, 2020

A BIT OF NONSENSE TO LIGHTEN THE MOOD...OR, PERHAPS DARKEN IT....















COMMISERATE WITH MISS APPROPRIATE

                                     Coyly as was her normal trait
                                     She asked if it was appropriate….
                                     For her to kiss upon a first date
                                     Or perhaps longer should she wait…

                                     Pondering he scratched his pate
                                     Declaring it could well be fate
                                     She was not to be his soul mate
                                     A thought to which he could relate

                                     With much still left to debate
                                     Fearful his passion may abate
                                     It caused her to become irate
                                     She felt a pressing need to sedate

                                    Something she knew she’d hate
                                    But now she was in such a state
                                    In despair she ran through the gate
                                   With the fear he might be accurate                    


SIMPLE SIMON UPDATE…

                                              Simple Simon met a barman
                                              Whom he thought wasn't fair
                                              Said Simple Simon to the barman
                                              You have no flare, I do declare

                                             Said the barman to Simple Simon

                                              First you hand me one dollar
                                              To be let in free is uncommon
                                              As he grabbed Simon by his collar
                                      
                                              Simple Simon firmly stood his ground
                                              For him to catch his breath awhile
                                             Shaking his head he looked around
                                             And then began to feel a little hostile
 
                                             Simple Simon glanced about him
                                             Alas  not another soul was there
                                             Realising alone he was out on a limb
                                             Sullenly he sat upon a chair
                                          
                                           Simple Simon dug in his pocket 
                                           To see what he could find 
                                           But all he detected was a docket
                                           This caused a bad frame of mind

                                          Simon requested a glass of water

                                          The barman asked for five dollars
                                          While saying, 'Come again, you oughta
                                          Because water is free to our regulars.'



JACK AND JILL

                         
                                        Jack and Jill didn’t go up the hill
                                        As we thought to fetch a pail of water
                                        Jill wasn’t always a well-behaved daughter
                                      
                                        Jack had other things on his mind
                                       At first Jill followed close behind
                                       Curious to see what she could find
                                    
                                      At the hilltop Jack looked around
                                      And much to his surprise he found
                                      Jill spreadeagled on the ground


(Pencil sketch and  playful verses by you-know-who!  No one else of sane mind would put their name to them!)
 





20 comments:

  1. Lovely post!
    The pencil sketch and the verses faithfully display your artistic talent.
    You should certainly add your name, and feel proud of it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, DUTA...all in the name of fun...I hope they caused a smile or three!

      Keep taking good care. I hope you're doing well. Thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed a smile with my breakfast. Thank you. As for the ice cream ditty and sketch I can relate to that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day, Graham...I'm glad you had a bit of a giggle over my bit of nonsense. :)

      And, yes...ice cream...how to brighten one's day! I never liked ice cream when I was a kid (what a weird kid I was!)...but rarely does a day go by now that I don't have my Peters Connoisseurs...Chocolate and almond-coated vanilla ice cream on a stick! Happiness on a stick! :)

      Thanks for coming by...keep taking good care. :)

      Delete
  3. Mmmm, ice cream. Forbidden for me right now, but I should be able to have some by summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, River. I'll have one for me...and one for you...how's that? :)

      Thanks for coming by. Take care...(leave a couple of rat traps around outside to catch those rats!!!) :)

      Delete
  4. I'm still laughing at Jack & Jill...lol Just going to read that one to my husband.
    Well done on all of them Lee :)
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm giggling here, Margaret! I'm glad I gave you a laugh! I hope your husband had a laugh, too...that's what it's all about! lol

      Take good care you two...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  5. lol, the kind of humor dh likes; here I thought your post was going to be about people's hair going dark as mine has because I usually get blonde highlights when I go to get it done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day, Linda...I'm glad you enjoyed my little bit of nonsense. Time to lighten the mood when you can't lighten your hair! :)

      Keep taking good care...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  6. Ha. Fun post. Ice cream makes me happy:)
    Stay safe. Stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day, Sandra...Ice cream makes me happy, too. I have a good supply of my favourite in my freezer, and have one every day...smiling all the way. :)

      You, too, stay safe and well. Thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed this post - you are one talented lady! Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, Sandie. I'm glad you enjoyed my insanity! :)

      Thanks for your kind words...take good care...and thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  8. Always a pleasure to read what you have on offer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, messymimi...I'm pleased you enjoy my insanity. I've decided I can no longer hide it...or from it! lol

      Keep taking care...thanks for coming by...'tis always a please to see you. :)

      Delete
  9. Anonymous8:14 PM

    The person in the sketch looks quite androgynous. I love the poems and the first is clever with all the ate word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think so, Andrew...I didn't when I drew her...and still don't. However, either which way, it matters not. :)

      I hope everything is still going well with you and yours down your way. Keep taking good care. Thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  10. Such fun Lee, thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, Jan...fun never goes astray! There should be more of it! :)

      Take good care...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete