Thursday, August 19, 2021

CH-CH-CH-CHANGES.....

 

 





David Bowie sang about it.  He became the master of change, successfully achieving it time and time again.  (I saw Bowie live in concert at Lang Park, Brisbane in 1983.  I wouldn't have changed a thing about it, except to see him again, and again, and again....)

A leopard refuses to change its spots, no matter what life tosses at it.  Maybe if an open can of paint is thrown at the leopard, its spots would disappear.

Some dare to proffer change is inevitable. And there are those who say we should welcome it. Many don’t want change, nor do they welcome it.

There’s nothing wrong with change if it’s in the right direction”... mused Winston Churchill.

And then, out of the blue, Lao Tzu came up with one that was a bit of a conundrum just to confuse us (pun intended…did you get it?):-

Quote: “If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading”!

Tzu’s quote makes me scratch my head!  What if where one is heading IS the right direction?  Did Lao Tzu consider that scenario?

Benjamin Franklin had to put the kibosh on everything by thoughtlessly sprouting – “When you’re finished changing, you’re finished!”

To be frank, didn’t Franklin ever read “The Power of Positive Thinking”?

Freud altered our attitudes towards the couch...aka sofa, not the grass variety.

Jung came along shortly thereafter to change what we thought of Freud’s changes by consciously advising us how to unconsciously change our dreams.

In 1964 Bob Dylan reckoned the times were a-changin’. We listened intently, and began to change our minds about many things.

The Who were determined to change when they belted out “Won’t Get Fooled Again”!   I wonder if they did....

Boyz ll Men fought against change when they discovered “It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday”.

The Kinks felt similarly because they went “All Day and All of the Night” without a change in the beat!

Cream wanted to change colour for a while, so they entered the “White Room”.

The Rolling Stones achieved complete “Satisfaction”, making it very obvious they didn’t want to change.

The Doors suffered from the winter chill, and asked us to light their fire.

Some think change is as good as a holiday, but that not always the case. Some holidays can be failures.

Is the key to change hanging on my key ring, I wonder?   

Does one really change?   Deep within...does one change within?  I don't believe so. A person grows - one matures (or should do).  We learn as we walk life's path, but our inner self remains the same, in my humble, personal opinion. I know my inner being....inner self has changed very little, if at all. I can't, and won't speak for others.

Is the Wind of Change one’s destiny, or just seasonal?

 

 


28 comments:

  1. Some change is good (perhaps even necessary). I am emphatically NOT a fan of change for change's sake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with what you say, EC.

      Take good care...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  2. Quite a few song written about change when I come to think of it. People change sometimes.
    Take care Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day, Margaret. Yes...many songs have been written about change, and that is unlikely to change!

      Take care...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  3. I suspect that the inner part of what really defines us changes little, but that does not mean than people cannot change their habits and lifestyles. There are countless examples of hardened criminals who have gone on to become social workers and crusaders for good, gang members who have reformed and become models citizens, racists who have come to know "the other" and have been changed by the experience. And there are the religious fanatics who say that god (whoever she is) changes everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, David! 'Tis correct what you say. I have no reason to disagree. :)

      We are all capable of change...and in many instances, need to...particularly the bed linen!! :)

      Take care...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  4. David Bowie is one of the more sexy singers.
    Life does change people. It has changed me in many ways.It's also a matter of age.Experience and understanding of life's facts lead one to a new view of things.
    The biggest change is in my relation to people. I don't trust politicians, for example. Since the start of the pandemic I've lost faith in doctors too. The latter cooperate with politicians, some of them, in special female doctors take long vacations in such a difficult period,deserting the hospital, hoping the virus will go away in their absence, etc...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day, DUTA. Oh! Yes! Bowie was unique in so many ways. I was, and still am, a huge fan. He was absolutely terrific in concert. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to see him perform.

      Of course, as we grow, we all change in many ways...our attitudes, beliefs, etc., What you say is true.

      I also believe deep inside, one's own true inner self changes little...the central core that conducts and controls...as far as I'm concerned, anyway....my inner being is of the same basis. If that makes sense...difficult to explain, I guess...

      Life and what it throws at us, of course, brings change. And, in many instances, we change how we deal with what we are faced with....


      Take care...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  5. And after all this time, i still can't make change correctly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, messymimi....I've only got a little bit of change in my wallet. These days with cash not being used often, with electronic methods used in exchange for goods and services, change is rarely needed! :)

      Thanks for coming by...take care. :)

      Delete
  6. Just saying hello. YES life changes people I think. Love, sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, Sandie..."Hello!' backatcha! It's good to see you. I hope all is well with your loved ones.

      I wish all the changes were for the better! :)

      Delete
  7. I have similar thoughts about our inner core remaining the same, but also changing with our growth. We may stay the same, but be able to feel or see things differently because we have grown or experienced things not done before.
    Some changes are for the better, but some do send us off on the wrong track, until our inner selves step up and say "this isn't right, this isn't who you are".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, River...Some things change and somethings remain the same. There are many things about life I wish would change and never make their appearance ever again.

      Stupidity, ignorance, negativity, prejudice, hate...to name just a few...I'd be very happy to see disappear....the world would change into being a better place without them.

      Take care...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  8. I do think some change more than others based on what life throws their way. AND some change in the right direction and others in the wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tabor...Of course, we change in certain way, many ways as we mature. I know myself that I'm still the same in so many ways as I was when I was a small child...certain circumstances ensured that would be the case.

      I also agree with you re the directions of change...the right and the wrong.

      Thanks for coming by. Take care. :)

      Delete
  9. Change is always a good thing in my opinion, Lee, and perhaps in yours as well? I do think that some (many?) people can change their attitudes, beliefs over time based on life experiences, world events, and perhaps simply because they see a need to act/react differently. I enjoyed the connection you presented with popular songs and artists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beatrice...I wish many changes would come into being throughout the world. Humans, far too often, keep falling into the same old habits never learning from past events and mistakes.

      Change in many instances is good, that is for sure...and, some changes are not so good. :)

      Thanks for coming by...take care. :)

      Delete
  10. David Bowie is one of the more sexy singers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He certainly was...and he was wonderful to see live in concert.

      Take care, thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  11. I think I'm still very much the same inside as I've always been. I still struggle with the same weaknesses much as I've tried to change them. But I'm glad I managed one big change - I'm not as bad tempered as I used to be! So change can be good, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'Day, Pauline. I believe I'm very much the same inside as I've always been, too. And I reckon I should know!

      My patience still gets worn thin by the idiotic behaviour of some...I guess both the idiotic behaviour and my lack of patience won't change any time soon! :)

      Take care...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
    2. most often we as humans are all the same as we can into the world except as we learn and grow I do believe we change and hopefully for the better but some take the wrong direction. I am one of those that feel like yester years were more simple and civil than the change we see today. The worse is social media. No youngster should have a phone until they are 18. This I must respond or keep in touch with everyone movements are ridiculous. I could go on and on but alas it will not help until the masses CHANGE. Peace

      Delete
    3. Hey Lady Di....All you say is true. You and I think similarly on many issues....I, too, could go on and on..but I shan't. :)

      Thanks for coming by, Miss Kitty...take good care. :)

      Delete

  12. I’m definitely going to have to start following some of these blogs, I just recently got into reading blogs and I’m absolutely loving them so far.
    concrete driveway louisville ky thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is lots of reading ahead for you you, Kris. Take good care. :)

      Delete
  13. Lucky you to see Bowie.
    We still often watch him, courtesy of YouTube.

    Stay safe and well out there.
    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Bowie was magnificent, Jan...I'm still a huge fan and, I always will be. He was mesmerising.

      Thanks for coming by...take good care. :)

      Delete