Thursday, April 28, 2022

 


                                                      

                               

 

 

I'm being lazy today...re-posting a couple of poems I wrote, and a painting I did...both of which I believe I have posted previously...

 

 Moments in Life

              Foolish words are oft times uttered words we regret

              Many are the moments we pray to become invisible

              Puerile silly misunderstandings over which we fret

             Our battered tainted emotions no longer concealable

             Endless angry silences their reasons we soon forget

 

            Progressing to games of cat and mouse of hide and seek

            Hearts and minds held by ransom emotional blackmail

            Hours pass slowly bleak nights dim days become a week

            Frail sensibilities in disturbance as if buffeted by a gale

           An eternity precious time wasted over something oblique

 

 

Faceted Love

                      A lover’s caress in moments of despair

                     A friendly smile when none seem to care

                     Simple understanding to listen to share

                     Never-ending devotion feelings so pure

                     Melodic inspiration forever to endure

19 comments:

  1. Echoing EC here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, River...herewith to you I echo my response to EC. Thanks for coming by...take good care. :)

      Delete
  2. Hope all is well Lee. You mentioned elsewhere you’d had a stressful week…..are you ok now?
    Reading between the lines I think times were a little traumatic when you wrote both of those poems, they are powerful yet sad words.
    Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, Cathy...Oh! I'm fine really. Present times are very stressful...with all that is going on in the world....here, there, and everywhere. On top of everything ANZAC Day always, for me, and for so many others, I know...is a very emotional day. The blues hit...so I've been escaping by reading, doing puzzles, listening to music, burying my head in chosen series streaming...and chatting with some old friends of longstanding. :)

      Thanks for your concern and for coming by. You take care, too. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks, EC...take care and thank you for coming by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice poetry. I'm a member of a seniors writing group and they would love your poems. I prefer poems that rhyme too. But I have not an artistic bone within my body. My grandchildren's skills in that regard rival my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave...I've written quite a few poems, but none for a while. Time to do so again, I think. I've just got to get motivated!!! lol

      Thanks for coming by...take good care. :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely. Have a wondrous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra...I hope you have a most enjoyable weekend, too. I've just made a large mug of coffee and I'm about to hop back onto the bed, along with my two furry mates and the daily paper.

      Take good care...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  6. That's a very cheerful painting.

    Your poems say so much! "Dim days become a week," so much time passes and before we know it, it's later than we think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, messymimi. The weeks are going by so very quickly....or seem to be doing so by me...as they fly by me!!

      Take good care...thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  7. You on a lazy day is better than many on a good day, Lee. Love your poems, especially Faceted Love - speaks to my heart. Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day, Pauline. "Lazy" has become my middle name lately. With all the rot that is going on in the world these days, I'm feeling like a deflated balloon, and find it difficult to get motivated!

      I'm glad you like my poems.

      You, too, take good care of you....thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  8. I've said it before and I'll say it again....you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annie...you are very kind. It's all smoke and mirrors! :)

      Thanks for coming by...take good care. :)

      Delete
  9. Lovely pictures and poems! Thanks for offering us the pleasure of your talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, DUTA. I hope all is well with you and yours....thanks for coming by...stay safe, take good care. :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks, Lee, for sharing your dual talents in images and words. Staying away from too much news will make the day better as I have found of late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Beatrice. :) I, too, have cut down watching the news. It's repetitive and overflowing with gloom and doom. There isn't very much good new around, that's for sure. It's depressing.

      Thanks for coming by...take good care. :)

      Delete