Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Quote of the Day: "Some people think football is a matter of life and death...I can assure them it is much more serious than that."

At least tonight it is...the 'State of Origin' is on...Game 1 of series of 3. I wonder why I'm wearing the colour 'maroon'? Yes...yes...I'm a 'Maroon' supporter...of course. Being Queensland born and bred how could I be otherwise? With Meninga as coach, I believe this new, young team have a good chance of setting the record straight. Tonight I'll be glued to the television watching the game, cheering my team onwards to victory!

Some say there is too much sport on television...but I don't see anything wrong with watching sport...it's the playing of it that's dangerous! I've never excelled in any particular sport, though I have played and enjoyed playing many. As a tennis player, I make a good golfer and as a squash player I make a good basketballer! In diving, I made a splash, in swimming I was reasonable and at surfing I 'hung five'.

No comments:

Post a Comment