Sunday, April 28, 2019

DAY





Paintings and Poem by me aka Lee


                Wearily nocturnal creatures proffer a final farewell

                To the sanctuary of the sombre cloak of the night

                Spiriting away fearful of the newborn nascent day

                On the horizon the golden orb forges its brilliant way

                 Illuminating earth and sea bringing with it inspiration

                 Heralded by a familiar cacophony of awakening birds

                 Helter-skelter of man busily preparing himself

                 Donning his uniform for the daylight hours in readiness

                 Life in perpetual motion time filled with expectation


                A crescendo moving hypnotically faster rapidly onward

                Puppets in the hands of a master puppeteer the golden deity

                Whose powerful brilliance bridles emotions every action

                Guiding each along the path of its splendid brazen rays

                Unyielding purposely striding towards the inevitable end

                And the drawing of the curtain on another act in the play

                Leaving a legacy of memories of the hustle and bustle

                Of joy and of sorrow of pain pleasure hope and despair

                Perhaps impatient for the arrival of yet another tomorrow

 

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Although i have learned not to be too impatient for the arrival of another tomorrow, they come soon enough i need to enjoy the today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day, messymimi...the days certainly do fly by all too quickly...this year has really sped up the pace, I reckon!

      Thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely works. How goes the house hunting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've put the latter on hold for now, River. I had to expend a fair bit of money a few weeks ago so that set my plans back a bit. I have to top up the coffers, so I'm not hit with anything unexpected. The plans have just been pushed to the back-burner for now...but they will come to the fore again.

      Oh! To win a worthwhile amount in the Lotto!!!

      Thanks for coming by. :)

      Thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  3. The paintings are lovely Lee as is the poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are quite the painter, love them both and the poem is thoughtful, are you moving? I wish you would win the lotto, I wish I would too, of course I have to play to win, and it seems such a waste of money since I never win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so you sell your paintings any where, I am sure they would sell well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Linda...In answer to your second comment/question...no, I don't sell my paintings or drawings. And I've not done any of either in quite a while. I keep thinking I should take up it up again...

      As for moving...things have been very up and down these past few months...I did a lot of research and took some steps towards setting the plan in place...to move...but, for now...I'm staying put....for now...we shall see what the next few months bring...Life is a little unsettling at present...and my bank account won't allow any further big expenditures until I get it topped back up.

      Thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  6. You've got talent, no doubt about that.
    Another day -"another act in the play" of Life. How true!
    Sadly, the world of today values only the talent of making money. I wish I should have known that right from the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day, DUTA...Having money certainly does make life easier...I could do with some of that "easiness" presently, to say the least.

      Our world is becoming crazier by the day...and I can't see any fast fixes, if any, sadly.

      Thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  7. You have creativity in your bones Lee - be it painting, drawing, writing or cooking. Creativity is surely what's best about human beings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could create some money, Yorkie! lol

      Thanks for your kind comment, and for coming by. :)

      Delete
  8. Many thanks for sharing your lovely paintings and poem.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete