Saturday, August 19, 2006

One-Eyed View...

Maybe I'll only write on one half of the page today! My left eye is swollen up tight. It looks very much like a golf ball so I dare not venture near a golf club for a couple of days nor anywhere else for that matter! I fear for the populace if I inflict myself upon them looking like this! My battle wound is from a tussle with a tick! Annoying little beggars! All morning I was feeling miserable, alone and unwanted, tossed aside like yesterday's newspaper! And then, I remembered the bottle of Kahlua I have on the shelf, so to hell with it...I'm going to prepare myself a 'Brown Cow'....to be followed by the whole herd! Before I round-up the cows, I'll give you a couple of recipes to carry on with while I'm missing in action!

Baked Goat's Cheese and Tomato on Bruschetta: Cut cheese into 1cm-thick slices, brush well with virgin olive oil. Roll in dried breadcrumbs. Roast in 160C oven for 10 minutes. Bruch thick slices of bread with garlic-flavoured olive oil. Toast until golden. Serve bruschetta topped with grilled tomato slices, sprinkled with oregano and basil and roasted cheese.

Chicken Breasts with Goat's Cheese: Combine chopped goat's cheese with chopped fresh tarragon, flat-leaf parsley, basil and a little olive oil. Cut pockets in chicken breast fillets and stuff with the cheese and herb mixture. Secure pockets with toothpicks. Brush chicken with olive oil. Season to taste and roast at 200C for 15-20 minutes or until cooked and browned.

Hot Moccha Sundae: Combine 250g dark chocolate 1/4 cup pouring cream and 2 tablespoons dark rum in saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth and glossy. Whip 1 cup cream until soft peaks form. Place a scoop of coffee or chocolate icecream in parfait glasses. Top with some of the whipped cream, crumbled chocolate-coated biscuits/cookies, and some chopped roasted walnuts. Repeat layering to fill the glasses. Pour hot sauce over and sprinkle with some of the roasted walnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment