Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Re-Worked!

Here's a poem I originally wrote back in the late eighties that I dug up today, reworking/tweaking it a little.

Once

We were one you and I once a long long time ago
But life got in the way it was right for you to go
If thoughts had been expressed feelings shared
The rift when started may have been repaired
Now pondering over past troubles a harsh word
I wonder if our lives would have been different
If only you had heard......


Impossible to relive what we never shared in the past
How innocent we were to believe it would last
Cherished moments forever lost memories a haze
Faded images of happiness hopes for future days
Again truth reappears harshly reminding me why
With our love torn asunder he became indifferent
I have no reason to cry..........



No comments:

Post a Comment